Congratulations and Welcome to GWG Wheels! These wheels were manufactured from the finest materials and to the highest quality standards in the industry. Please make sure you follow the installation and care instructions carefully. This will ensure that your wheels are properly installed and will keep them looking like new for years to come.
INSPECTION AND INSTALLATION
1) Inspect the wheels immediately upon receipt and before mounting tires. Once tires have been mounted, the wheels cannot be returned for credit and charges will be assessed for any work that may be required to correct a problem. Verify that the wheels have the correct finish color, bolt pattern, center bore diameter, ample brake caliper clearance and the proper backspace or offset for your vehicle. ALL OF THIS MUST BE VERIFIED BEFORE MOUNTING TIRES ON THE WHEELS.
2) Use only tubeless tires consistent with the vehicle manufacturer’s recommended sizes for the wheels you have chosen. Using tires that do not conform to the vehicle or tire manufacturer’s recommendations may result in serious safety issues related to undersized or oversized fitments. GWG WHEELS IS NOT RESPONSIBLE for damage related to incorrect tire sizes such as vehicle transmission, AWD systems, body panels/trims, or other effected areas.
3) Before mounting tires, the tire bead seat area should be generously lubricated.
4) Mount the tires using only CONTACT FREE tire mounting machines.
5) Use STICK-ON WEIGHTS ONLY. Clip-on weights can cause damage to the wheels and their use will void certain portions of the warranty.
6) After the wheels and tires have been placed on the car, take a short test drive. Re-check the torque values of each lug nut/bolt and make sure that they are torqued to the manufacturer’s recommended specifications.
7) If you intend to use one of your original equipment wheels as a spare, make sure that you keep a set of the correct lug nuts/bolts and a properly sized lug wrench in the car at all times. In most cases, GWG wheels utilize the original equipment lug nuts/bolts, however, this may not be possible in all cases.
1) 3-Piece Wheels - Under no circumstances should you or anyone else loosen or remove any of the wheel assembly bolts. Doing so will automatically void the warranty on the product.
2) To keep your wheels looking like new, regular cleaning is highly recommended, and in adverse weather climates where salt or chemicals are used on the roads, it is mandatory in order to maintain the finish warranty on your wheels. Please follow these guidelines:
- Never use any chemical-based cleaners or harsh cleaning solutions.
- Use only mild soap and water with a soft, non-abrasive cloth rag to clean the wheels of dirt and debris.
- Spray-on, hose off type cleaners are strictly prohibited
- Do not clean the wheels when they are still warm from operation of the vehicle – allow them to cool before attempting to even hose off. Cleaning them in shade is highly recommended.
- You can apply a soft paste or spray on wax to your wheels to ease maintenance and improve wheel appearance on clear-coated, painted or chrome wheels; this is not advised for unprotected polished surfaces.
LIMITED LIFETIME WARRANTY FOR GWG WHEELS
This Warranty is given only to the original consumer/purchaser of GWG Wheels (GWG) products. This warranty is not transferable. PROOF OF PURCHASE is required for all warranty work – be sure to keep your original invoice.
THIS WARRANTY IS IN LIEU OF ALL OTHER EXPRESSED WARRANTIES. ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY, INCLUDING THE WARRANT OF MERCHANT LIABILITY AND THE WARRANT OF FITNESS OF A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, IS LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THIS WARRANTY. Some states do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitations may not apply to you. GWG Wheels makes no other warranty beyond that contained in this writing. Except for those warranties that are implied by law that cannot be legally disclaimed, any other warranty is hereby expressly disclaimed. No other representation, by any officer, employee or agent of GWG Wheels will be binding upon the company.
GWG Wheels products are warranted to be free of defects in materials or workmanship for as long as the original purchaser/consumer (deemed to be the date the wheels are received by the purchaser/consumer) owns the wheel. The wheel finish is warranted to the original purchaser/consumer for a period of two (5) years from the date of purchase to be able to withstand non-hazardous weather and climatic conditions, non-hazardous paved road conditions and typical operating temperatures for normal driving.
As a condition of this limited warranty, GWG Wheels products must be properly installed on the vehicle for which the wheels were intended and manufactured for as specified and agreed to on the Order Confirmation authorized by the consumer/purchaser, or in the care and mounting instructions provided at the time of delivery, and where applicable, by using the specified lug nuts/bolts or other hardware which may be supplied by GWG Wheels for such installation. In addition, the tires that are mounted on the wheels must be proper for the vehicle.
EXCLUSIONS FROM WARRANTY
This warranty does not cover damage to, or any failure of an GWG Wheels product caused by unreasonable use of the wheels, road hazard or externally caused damage from the following conditions:
1) Off road racing, or unpaved road driving conditions or road hazards; for example, pot holes, gravel, road debris, scrap metal, tire remnants, trash and other road clutter.
2) The failure to properly use the tires which are mounted on the GWG wheels; for example, improper inflation of tires, loading the vehicle beyond its capacity, misalignment of tires and wheels, imbalance of tires and wheels and/or the use of incorrect tires and wheels.
3) Any kind of impact or abuse resulting from bends/bending of rim parts, collision/impacts, pot holes, flat tires, curbing, racing, accident, fire, vandalism or rubbing due to projection from the wheel well.
4) Infrequent or improper cleaning of GWG Wheels products will void the finish warranty. Only a mild soap applied with a hose or soft cloth should be used to clean GWG Wheels products. Cleaning GWG Wheels products with a hard or coarse brush or fabric, chemical based cleaners or acid sprays may cause damage to the finish that will void the warranty. Note: Many car washes use acid spray to clean road wheels.
5) Exposure to road salt or other hazardous chemicals used on roadways during inclement weather.
6) The application to GWG wheels of any type of clip-on weights or other accessories. USE TAPE-ON WEIGHTS ONLY.
7) Any damage or failure which occurs as a result of your continued use of GWG Wheels products after your discovery of a problem.
8) Wheels damaged in transit or by misuse, accident or negligence, or that have been repaired or altered by anyone other than GWG Wheels.
PROCEDURES TO FOLLOW WHEN MAKING A CLAIM
1) Contact an GWG Customer Service Representative at 718-297-9600 to make the company aware of your claim. At this time, an official Return Authorization Number (RA#) will be issued that must be clearly marked on all shipping materials and supporting paperwork.
2) Arrange to have the wheels shipped to: GWG Wheels, 180-08 Liberty Ave Queens New York 11433
3) Include the following items:
- A copy of the original invoice for the warranted wheels/products
- A written statement or email explaining the problem you have encountered, the circumstances which the problem occurred, and the year, make and model of the vehicle on which the wheels were initially installed. In addition, indicate the year, make and model of the vehicle including tire size on which the product was installed at the time of the warranty event occurrence, if different from above.
4) Upon receipt of the wheels, GWG Wheels will inspect them per the warranty claim and contact the customer to determine the appropriate course of action.
5) If it is determined that upon inspection of the returned wheel(s), it qualifies under the terms of this warranty, GWG Wheels, will at its own expense, either repair or replace the warranted wheel(s) at its sole discretion.
6) GWG WHEELS ASSUMES NO REPSONSIBILITY FOR REMOVING OR RE-INSTALLING THE WHEELS ON THE VEHICLE, LOSS OF VEHICLE USE, LOSS OF TIME, CONVENIENCE OR OTHER CONSEQUENTIAL EXPENSE. Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusions may not apply to you.
DISCONTINUED WHEELS AND FINISHES
- Discontinued styles may not be available for crash repairs, and is at the sole discretion of GWG Wheels.
- Discontinued or custom finishes may not be available for RGA or refinish.